SEATTLE - Three Seattle police officers were shot responding to a downtown robbery Thursday afternoon.
One of the three suspects, a 19-year-old male, barricaded himself inside a nearby building, but was later found dead. Details surrounding the suspect's death have not been released, but Seattle Police said the King County Medical Examiner will determine his cause of death.
The other two suspects, a 17-year-old female and another 19-year-old male, are in custody.
One officer was shot in the face and ribcage, he is in serious condition this morning. A female officer was shot in the chest, but her bulletproof vest saved her life. Another officer was grazed in the hand.
The department reported the shooting on its Twitter feed at about 1:40 p.m. Thursday, saying the robbery had been reported near the waterfront, several blocks south of Pike Place Market.
- Police arrest convicted felon with citizen's help
- End is in sight for Airway Heights water crisis
- Daughter of Spokane officer charged in kidnapping
- Bicyclist suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- 3 people shot and wounded in Spokane last weekend
- Arrest of man on mental health hold turns violent