SEATTLE - Three Seattle police officers were shot responding to a downtown robbery Thursday afternoon.
One of the three suspects, a 19-year-old male, barricaded himself inside a nearby building, but was later found dead. Details surrounding the suspect's death have not been released, but Seattle Police said the King County Medical Examiner will determine his cause of death.
The other two suspects, a 17-year-old female and another 19-year-old male, are in custody.
One officer was shot in the face and ribcage, he is in serious condition this morning. A female officer was shot in the chest, but her bulletproof vest saved her life. Another officer was grazed in the hand.
The department reported the shooting on its Twitter feed at about 1:40 p.m. Thursday, saying the robbery had been reported near the waterfront, several blocks south of Pike Place Market.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults