MEDFORD, Ore. - A plane carrying 75 passengers from Southern Oregon to Salt Lake City reported smoke in the cabin a few minutes after takeoff and returned to the airport, where it landed safely.
The manager of the Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport, Bern Case, said a couple of passengers on the Delta Air Lines flight operated by Sky West were affected temporarily by smoke before they got off the plane.
He says Flight 4674 took off at about 6:15 a.m. Monday and was back at the airport within about 10 minutes.
Sky West spokeswoman Marissa Snow says mechanics were going over the CRJ 900 jet to determine the cause of the smoke, and passengers were booking new flights.
Snow adds that smoke in the cabin can sometimes be caused by air conditioner units.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults