EVERETT, Wash. - Authorities say a plane crashed in a Snohomish County lake and the two people aboard have been left cold and shaken up but otherwise OK.
The Sheriff's Office says witnesses reported the crash around 4:30 p.m. Sunday in Lake Goodwin, about 10 miles north of Everett.
The two occupants were in the water a short period of time before being picked up by a resident and taken to shore.
The office says the pilot is 51, but did not provide any other identifying details.
It says the aircraft involved is a float plane with a boat hull.
Authorities say any potential environmental issues related to the crash are under investigation.
There was no immediate word on what caused the crash.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured