EVERETT, Wash. - Authorities say a plane crashed in a Snohomish County lake and the two people aboard have been left cold and shaken up but otherwise OK.
The Sheriff's Office says witnesses reported the crash around 4:30 p.m. Sunday in Lake Goodwin, about 10 miles north of Everett.
The two occupants were in the water a short period of time before being picked up by a resident and taken to shore.
The office says the pilot is 51, but did not provide any other identifying details.
It says the aircraft involved is a float plane with a boat hull.
Authorities say any potential environmental issues related to the crash are under investigation.
There was no immediate word on what caused the crash.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives