GREAT FALLS, Mont. - A federal aviation official says a plane with four people aboard has crashed about 30 miles southeast of Great Falls, but there was no immediate word on injuries.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Allen Kenitzer says the plane crashed Tuesday afternoon in the vicinity of U.S. 89.
Kenitzer said he did not know what type of plane it was.
Cascade County Undersheriff John Stevens said Sheriff Bob Edwards and other investigators were on the scene but had not reported back to department headquarters.
The FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board are also investigating.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River