SEATTLE - The director of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute is leaving for a new position in Seattle, Washington.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Nancy Davidson will become executive director of the Fred Hutch/University of Washington Cancer Consortium on Dec. 1.
As Davidson describes it, she's trading in Pittsburgh's three rivers for Puget Sound.
Gary Gilliland, president and director of Fred Hutch, called Davidson an "internationally recognized expert in breast cancer."
Arthur Levine, dean of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, says the Pitt Cancer Institute cemented its standing as the area's lone National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center under Davidson.
Davidson says she's grateful to have had the opportunity to work in Pittsburgh with all of her colleagues.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time