SEATTLE - The director of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute is leaving for a new position in Seattle, Washington.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Nancy Davidson will become executive director of the Fred Hutch/University of Washington Cancer Consortium on Dec. 1.
As Davidson describes it, she's trading in Pittsburgh's three rivers for Puget Sound.
Gary Gilliland, president and director of Fred Hutch, called Davidson an "internationally recognized expert in breast cancer."
Arthur Levine, dean of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, says the Pitt Cancer Institute cemented its standing as the area's lone National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center under Davidson.
Davidson says she's grateful to have had the opportunity to work in Pittsburgh with all of her colleagues.
- Bonner Ferry man admits to possession of child porn
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services