SPRINGFIELD, Ore. - A 2-year-old girl was critically injured when she was mauled by a pit bull dog at a Springfield home.
Police say the dog also bit the girl's 28-year-old father on the face Sunday when he attempted to rescue her.
The Register-Guard reports the girl was flown to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland where she was reported Monday in critical condition.
Springfield Animal Control says the dog that attacked the toddler was a large adult pit bull that belongs to a family member. The pit bull and a lab-collie mix that growled at the girl are both quarantined at the animal control kennel for an investigation.
The Register-Guard reports a woman at the home declined to comment. A sign on the house says, "Warning! Security dog."
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up