KENNEWICK, Wash. - A woman is recovering from dog bite wounds she received in a pit bull attack Sunday at a home in Kennewick.
Police says Judy Phillips suffered severe bites on her arm and leg.
The Tri-City Herald reports medics found her on the driveway of the house, and the pit bull was inside where another woman had locked herself and a young child in a bedroom. Police helped them escape out a window.
Benton County Animal Control captured the dog and is holding it in quarantine.
Phillips was reported in satisfactory condition by Sunday afternoon at Kadlec Regional Medical Center in Richland.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home