SEATTLE - The pilot killed in a small plane crash at a Fall City, Washington, golf course has been identified as a former medical director of the emergency department at Overlake Medical Center in Bellevue.
The Seattle Times reports that the King County medical examiner's office identified the man Wednesday as 70-year-old John Ciliberti. The medical examiner says Ciliberti died of multiple lacerations and fractures.
The Cessna 182 crashed Tuesday morning at the Snoqualmie Falls Golf Course, shortly after taking off from a nearby airstrip in foggy conditions.
The National Transportation Safety Board says a preliminary report on the crash may be released within two weeks.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'