SEATTLE - The pilot killed in a small plane crash at a Fall City, Washington, golf course has been identified as a former medical director of the emergency department at Overlake Medical Center in Bellevue.
The Seattle Times reports that the King County medical examiner's office identified the man Wednesday as 70-year-old John Ciliberti. The medical examiner says Ciliberti died of multiple lacerations and fractures.
The Cessna 182 crashed Tuesday morning at the Snoqualmie Falls Golf Course, shortly after taking off from a nearby airstrip in foggy conditions.
The National Transportation Safety Board says a preliminary report on the crash may be released within two weeks.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods