Portland, OR - A man who pleaded no contest has been sentenced to seven years in prison for crashing his pickup into a woman celebrating a friend's 21st birthday in the Portland night-spot district named Old Town.
The Oregonian reports that 20-year-old Rebecca Bray of Gresham was standing on a sidewalk waiting for a designated driver when she was hit.
Prosecutors say 42-year-old Brent Warstler was doing 42 mph in a 20-mph zone and had a blood alcohol level of .20 percent.
Bray was with 21-year-old Brandi Butner of Fairview, who was injured.
Warstler, from Cornelius, pleaded no contest in June to manslaughter, drunken driving, assault and other charges. Multnomah County Judge Thomas Ryan imposed the sentence Tuesday.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'