EUGENE, Ore. - A Pepsi distributor reportedly will pay the University of Oregon nearly $5 million in cash or discounts over the next eight years to be the university's dominant soft drink supplier.
Documents obtained by The Register-¡Guard through a public records request show the new contract between the university and Eugene Pepsi distributor Bigfoot Beverages will give Pepsi products 80 percent of the soft drink cooler space on campus.
The Register-Guard reports the university is following a trend in seeing how much it can get for "pouring rights" on campus.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting