TACOMA, Wash. - A shoplifting incident could send a Tacoma woman to prison for life without parole.
Police say Debra Genia Marzette used pepper spray April 7 on a drug store manager who tried to stop her from leaving without paying for a shopping basket of items, including a package of diapers.
The News Tribune reports she pleaded not guilty Monday to a robbery charge.
Pierce County prosecutors say the 50-year-old could be facing a life sentence because she already has two convictions -- for robbery and burglary -- under the "three strikes" law.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured