TACOMA, Wash. - A shoplifting incident could send a Tacoma woman to prison for life without parole.
Police say Debra Genia Marzette used pepper spray April 7 on a drug store manager who tried to stop her from leaving without paying for a shopping basket of items, including a package of diapers.
The News Tribune reports she pleaded not guilty Monday to a robbery charge.
Pierce County prosecutors say the 50-year-old could be facing a life sentence because she already has two convictions -- for robbery and burglary -- under the "three strikes" law.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting