PE ELL, Wash. - The newly hired Pe Ell town marshal who was accused of drunken driving in the patrol car has resigned.
The mayor told the city council this week that Anthony Corder resigned, saying, "He figured he wasn't cut out to be a police officer."
The Chronicle reports the 27-year-old former Marine from Montesano was hired in February and was scheduled for training.
Corder was not on duty at the time of his arrest earlier this month by a sheriff's deputy. He pleaded not guilty last week to driving under the influence.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school