PASCO, Wash. - Police say officers shot and killed a 34-year-old Pasco man brandishing a knife during a confrontation.
The Tri-City Herald reports that officers were called to a residence just after midnight Tuesday with reports of a man armed with a knife.
Capt. Jim Raymond says two officers confronted the man but he refused to put down the knife. The officers shot the man and he died at the scene.
Raymond says the shooting is being investigated and the officers have been placed on administrative leave.
The man's name was not release until his family had been notified.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting