PASCO, Wash. - Police say officers shot and killed a 34-year-old Pasco man brandishing a knife during a confrontation.
The Tri-City Herald reports that officers were called to a residence just after midnight Tuesday with reports of a man armed with a knife.
Capt. Jim Raymond says two officers confronted the man but he refused to put down the knife. The officers shot the man and he died at the scene.
Raymond says the shooting is being investigated and the officers have been placed on administrative leave.
The man's name was not release until his family had been notified.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car