Cody, WY - The Park County Sheriff's Office is reaching out to the FBI and other law enforcement agencies as it seeks to identify a man whose decapitated body was found last week in a rural area northwest of Powell.
Sheriff Scott Steward said Wednesday that his agency has called on police departments in Wyoming and Montana as well as on the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation, the FBI, INTERPOL and the U.S. Border Patrol.
A hunter found the man's dismembered body on Jan. 9. A pathologist estimates he died two days before.
Steward says his department is aware of rumors that the crime was drug-related but says there are not enough facts to support any conclusions yet. He says the investigation focuses on identifying the victim and possible suspects.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday