Livingston, MT - Park County Attorney Brett Linneweber is resigning to become senior deputy county attorney in Yellowstone County.
The Livingston Enterprise reports Linneweber gave county commissioners his letter of resignation on Tuesday, with an effective date of Feb. 24.
Linneweber says he and his wife had been planning to move to Billings to be near extended family, including their grandchildren, and when the job came open in the Yellowstone County attorney's office, he applied.
Linneweber has been Park County attorney since being appointed in 2005. He was elected to the position in 2006 and 2010.
County commissioners will appoint an attorney to serve the rest of Linneweber's term, which runs through January 2015. City Attorney Bruce Becker and Deputy County Attorney Kathleen Carrick are seeking election to the post.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home