Billings, MT - A Washington state tire company that purchased the former federal courthouse in downtown Billings has yet to find a tenant for its office and retail space.
Colorado Tire Corp. spokesman KD Feeback says the Tacoma, Wash.-based company has hired a manager for the five-story building. The Billings Gazette reports the company began offering "free office improvement designs" in September to any group that signed a long-term lease.
Colorado Tire declined to say if anyone has taken the offer, but Feeback says a number of businesses and organizations have expressed interest.
Colorado Tire submitted a $3.275 million bid for the James F. Battin Federal Building on May 12 and completed the purchase on Aug. 1.
Asbestos contamination in the Battin building led to the construction of a new million courthouse.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting