Billings, MT - A Washington state tire company that purchased the former federal courthouse in downtown Billings has yet to find a tenant for its office and retail space.
Colorado Tire Corp. spokesman KD Feeback says the Tacoma, Wash.-based company has hired a manager for the five-story building. The Billings Gazette reports the company began offering "free office improvement designs" in September to any group that signed a long-term lease.
Colorado Tire declined to say if anyone has taken the offer, but Feeback says a number of businesses and organizations have expressed interest.
Colorado Tire submitted a $3.275 million bid for the James F. Battin Federal Building on May 12 and completed the purchase on Aug. 1.
Asbestos contamination in the Battin building led to the construction of a new million courthouse.
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- N. Idaho lawmaker attracts supporters after punishment
- "Liar" chanted at McMorris Rodgers during MLK Day speech