MACHIAS, Wash. - A river otter attacked an 8-year-old boy and his grandmother as they were swimming in the Pilchuck River at a park in the Snohomish County town of Machias.
The boy's mother, Tabitha Moser, told KING she saw the 4-foot otter attack her son Thursday morning at Lake Connor Park. She says her mother saved him.
The grandmother was treated at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle and the boy at Providence Medical Center in Everett.
Moser says she heard her son screaming and saw the otter on top of his head. She says the otter continued to bite her mother as they left the water.
Moser says the otter stood on its hind legs and looked at them as if to say, "Don't come in here."
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives