Bend, OR - It doesn't have a campus yet, but Oregon's newest four-year institution of higher education is recruiting its first freshman class, relying heavily on its Central Oregon setting.
Half of a billboard promoting the Oregon State University-Cascades Campus deploys two images: One is a student is engaged in a small lab setting, the other a student stretching to grab his snowboard as he flies through a clear blue sky.
The Bulletin newspaper in Bend says the university will become a four-year institution in fall 2015.
OSU-Cascades spokeswoman Christine Coffin says it's a challenge selling something that hasn't been built yet.
The university is targeting high school students who are focused on traditional four-year college experiences.
Coffin says the university hopes to attract about 100 of these students.
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car
- Spokane has high interest in World Naked Gardening Day