Bend, OR - It doesn't have a campus yet, but Oregon's newest four-year institution of higher education is recruiting its first freshman class, relying heavily on its Central Oregon setting.
Half of a billboard promoting the Oregon State University-Cascades Campus deploys two images: One is a student is engaged in a small lab setting, the other a student stretching to grab his snowboard as he flies through a clear blue sky.
The Bulletin newspaper in Bend says the university will become a four-year institution in fall 2015.
OSU-Cascades spokeswoman Christine Coffin says it's a challenge selling something that hasn't been built yet.
The university is targeting high school students who are focused on traditional four-year college experiences.
Coffin says the university hopes to attract about 100 of these students.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday