Portland, OR - State troopers say one person died over the Labor Day weekend in Oregon, the lowest number of fatalities in a holiday weekend since 2002.
Police say the state has not had a holiday weekend free of fatalities since 1970.
The police said a 41-year-old Oregon City woman died after the motorcycle she was operating went off the road Saturday evening and hit a tree on Highway 224 north of Estacada.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults