Aurora, OR - A sailor from Aurora was one of two people killed in the crash of a Navy helicopter Sunday in the Red Sea.
The Defense Department says 32-year-old Chief Warrant Officer Jonathan S. Gibson of Aurora, Ore., and 35-year-old Lt. Cmdr. Landon L. Jones of Lompoc, Calif., died when their Knighthawk copter went down.
They were assigned to Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron Six out of Naval Air Station North Island, San Diego. The copter was operating with the destroyer William P. Lawrence.
The Navy says the crash was not the result of hostile action.
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show