Portland, OR - The Oregon Department of Education has released its annual report card.
The 83-page report contains information on just about everything you might want to know about the statewide school system, such as the average annual salary for an Oregon teacher ($57,590), the percentage of students eligible for a free or reduced lunch (54 percent) and the percentage of students suspended or expelled during the 2012-13 academic year (6.7 percent).
The report also includes a bevy of stats on test results, graduation rates and charter schools.
Nearly 564,000 students were enrolled in the K-12 system in 2012-13, basically no change from five years ago. The report shows the number of Hispanic students has increased by 24,000, offsetting a similar decline in white and black students.
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up