Portland, OR - Portland State University's Population Research Center estimates Oregon's population increased by more than 35,000 or about 1 percent in the past year.
The center says the state population as of July 1 was 3.9 million -- 3,919,025, exactly.
The center says the increase is slightly higher than last year's, with natural population growth accounting for about two-thirds of the gain and one-third by migration.
Most of the population growth is in seven counties: Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Marion, Deschutes, Lane and Jackson.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car