CRESCENT LAKE, Ore. - Oregon state troopers say a 72-year-old Klamath County man trying to cut down a tree died when it fell on him.
The police say the man had tied one end of the rope to the tree, the other to an all-terrain vehicle, and he was using the vehicle to put tension on the line.
The police said the man's wife found his body Thursday night pinned under the tree, which had struck him in the head. He was about 20 feet from the base of the tree. It was about a foot in diameter.
He was identified as Eugene Frank Andrews of Crescent Lake, in northwest Klamath County.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity