Eugene, OR - A Springfield man shot by police last month has been charged with attempting to kill the officer who shot him.
The Register-Guard newspaper reports 41-year-old Brian Walker pleaded not guilty Tuesday to a charge of attempted aggravated murder with a firearm.
Court records list the victim as Springfield police officer Brian Keetle. The officer shot Walker several times after Walker allegedly reached for a gun during a confrontation March 11.
Walker was hospitalized for nine days before doctors authorized his discharge.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'