SALEM, Ore. - The Marion County sheriff's office says a 20-year-old man put his grandmother's dog in a hot oven because it nipped him.
The 9-pound Chihuahua mix named Kudo suffered burns on its legs Friday from the rack in the oven that had been heated to 350 degrees.
The sheriff's office says the man took the dog out of the oven when his brother came into the house. The dog is being treated at a veterinary clinic and is expected to recover.
The 20-year-old man's father called deputies. Kevin Dean Parrish was arrested Monday on an aggravated abuse charge.
He lives with his grandmother at Lyons and was supposed to be caring for her pet while she was away.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital