WARRENTON, Ore. - An Oregon National Guard unit has been honored for its service in Iraq from July 2007 to April 2008.
KEX radio reports The 234 Engineer Company was awarded the Meritorious Unit Commendation in a ceremony at Camp Rilea in Warrenton, Ore., on Saturday.
The unit was honored in part for taking initiative and improving all area of its operations while providing logistical support to combat forces.
Each individual soldier has been given a ribbon to wear on their dress uniforms.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car