PORTLAND, Ore. - Federal authorities say a mixed martial arts fighter and instructor convicted in Clackamas County of attempted child sexual abuse has been deported.
The Immigration and Customs Enforcement office says 39-year-old Hermes Franca De Barros was convicted in 2012 of attempting to abuse a student under 14 at his academy.
The agency says De Barros was admitted to the United States in 2005 and got lawful permanent resident status in 2007. It said he served his sentence and was turned over to the federal government in March.
An immigration judge ruled that he could be deported, and he was put on a plane Tuesday to Brazil.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home