PORTLAND, Ore. - Federal authorities say a mixed martial arts fighter and instructor convicted in Clackamas County of attempted child sexual abuse has been deported.
The Immigration and Customs Enforcement office says 39-year-old Hermes Franca De Barros was convicted in 2012 of attempting to abuse a student under 14 at his academy.
The agency says De Barros was admitted to the United States in 2005 and got lawful permanent resident status in 2007. It said he served his sentence and was turned over to the federal government in March.
An immigration judge ruled that he could be deported, and he was put on a plane Tuesday to Brazil.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting