Oregon City, OR - The 88-year-old man who fatally shot an Oregon police officer Sunday and then was shot to death by a SWAT team had a reputation for quarrels with neighbors and a record of domestic disputes.
Residents of an Oregon City trailer park where Lawrence Cambra once lived told The Oregonian he picked fights and killed his own homing pigeons after someone complained about them.
Cambra's girlfriend got a restraining order against him a year ago after reporting he threatened to get a gun and get rid of people. He was jailed at one point, but she declined to prosecute and the order was dropped.
Authorities say the girlfriend fled after a confrontation Sunday, and then Cambra set fire to their house and shot reserve Officer Robert Libke.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line