MEDFORD, Ore. - The smell of money helped land a Southern Oregon man in jail.
Authorities say 28-year-old Mark Hill of Phoenix faces drug charges after a police dog sniffed out $12,000 in cash. Police say the money is the proceeds of drug sales. The Medford Mail-Tribune reports Hill was lodged in jail on Monday and remained on $50,000 bail.
Police say they began investigating when a dog zeroed in on a FedEx package sent to Hill's address from Austin, Texas. Medford Area Drug and Gang Enforcement investigators got a warrant and found the cash inside.
Hill's home is an Oregon Medical Marijuana Program grow site, but police say they found more marijuana there than is allowed for medical marijuana growers.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday