Eugene, OR - Eugene police arrested a man accused of beating his former stepson with a baseball bat.
The Register-Guard reports 53-year-old Darryl Lee Richardson was charged with assault after the incident that occurred Monday afternoon in a parking lot outside an apartment.
The 20-year-old victim was hit several times in the head, but did not appear to have sustained life-threatening injuries.
According to police, Richardson told officers he intended to hit his former stepson on the shoulder, but the man ducked.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home