Medford, OR - The Medford airport is getting free land in a deal with a county commissioner.
The Mail Tribune newspaper reports that Commissioner John Rachor is trading the airport two acres of land in exchange for more than 12 years of free rent to house his plane.
The deal negotiated by third parties on both sides involves a parcel valued at $534,000.
Rachor didn't vote on the agreement at the Board of Commissioners' weekly public meeting. Commissioners Don Skundrick and Doug Breidenthal approved it.
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up