Medford, OR - The Medford airport is getting free land in a deal with a county commissioner.
The Mail Tribune newspaper reports that Commissioner John Rachor is trading the airport two acres of land in exchange for more than 12 years of free rent to house his plane.
The deal negotiated by third parties on both sides involves a parcel valued at $534,000.
Rachor didn't vote on the agreement at the Board of Commissioners' weekly public meeting. Commissioners Don Skundrick and Doug Breidenthal approved it.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday