KETTLE FALLS, Wash. - One person was killed in a head-on collision on Highway 395 near Kettle Falls Thursday morning.
The crash happened two miles south of Kettle Falls just after 5 a.m. Thursday.
The Washington State Patrol reports that a car driven by 34-year-old Jay Pratt was heading northbound when the vehicle crossed the center line and hit an oncoming car. Pratt was taken to the hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.
The other driver, 59-year-old Debra Lindberg, was taken to Mt. Carmel Hospital for treatment of her injuries.
"There's little indication of driver input on either driver's side so it is really hard to tell exactly where it happened in the road but we do know it happened in the southbound lane," WSP Trooper Jason Davis said.
The State Patrol said at the time of the initial investigation, it didn't appear drugs or alcohol were a factor in the crash. The exact cause is still being investigated and both drivers were wearing seatbelts.
Both Pratt and Lindberg were residents of Kettle Falls.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties