SPOKANE, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol reports that one person has died after a two-car collision at the intersection of Highway 195 and Cheney-Spokane Road.
WSP reports Renard Faraca, 96, of Spokane pulled out from Cheney-Spokane Road in front of a southbound vehicle and was hit.
"It's still under investigation on the contributing circumstances at this time," WSP Sergeant Douglas Jacobs said. "I haven't seen this many separate collisions in one day resulting in this many deaths in a long time."
That intersection has been the site of many fatal crashes over the years. Right now crews are building an overpass so cars won't have to cross southbound lanes in order to drive north.
That overpass is set to open later this month.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line