MOUNT VERNON, Wash. - An on-duty Washington State Patrol trooper hit and killed a pedestrian who was crossing Interstate 5 in Mount Vernon Tuesday night.
According to Trooper Keith Leary, the trooper was driving southbound near East College Way when the trooper hit the man. The victim, who has not been identified, was apparently attempting to walk across the highway.
It's unclear why the man was attempting to cross the interstate. It's also unclear if the man was transported to a hospital or if he died at the scene.
The trooper was not injured in the crash, according to Leary.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives