MOUNT VERNON, Wash. - An on-duty Washington State Patrol trooper hit and killed a pedestrian who was crossing Interstate 5 in Mount Vernon Tuesday night.
According to Trooper Keith Leary, the trooper was driving southbound near East College Way when the trooper hit the man. The victim, who has not been identified, was apparently attempting to walk across the highway.
It's unclear why the man was attempting to cross the interstate. It's also unclear if the man was transported to a hospital or if he died at the scene.
The trooper was not injured in the crash, according to Leary.
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho