OLYMPIA, Wash. - A 23-year-old Olympia man who studied mechanical engineering at the University of Washington is finding a market for his invention -- lenses that turn your cellphone into a microscope.
Thomas Larson's first product is a lens with 15 times magnification, which could be used by coin and stamp collectors, for example.
The Olympian reports he raised nearly $112,000 through Kickstarter for his next product -- a lens with 150 times magnification that he expects to produce this summer. It has applications in science and education.
His business is called Cell Focus and he sells lenses through Amazon.com.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car