KALISPELL, Mont. - Officials in northwestern Montana have released the name of a 25-year-old man who was killed by a train in a remote area east of Libby.
Lincoln County Undersheriff Brandon Huff said Tuesday that Darren Joseph of Connecticut was killed early on Oct. 6.
The sheriff's office received a report at 4:42 a.m. from BNSF Railway workers that a deceased person was found on the tracks. A second train stopped and the crew confirmed there was a man's body near the tracks.
The Flathead Beacon reports investigators believe Joseph was a stowaway on a container train when he fell onto the tracks.
Huff says it appears Joseph's death was accidental. Officials did not give a hometown for Joseph.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday