Billings, MT - Officials in Musselshell County have released the name of a 66-year-old woman who died after being dragged by a car that was rolling downhill.
Sheriff Woody Weitzel tells that Sara Kusch died Monday afternoon.
Weitzel says the woman was on private property southwest of Roundup doing some gardening when he parked car started rolling. Weitzel says investigators aren't sure if she was trying to get into the car or stop it, but she was caught underneath and dragged about 100 feet.
Weitzel believes the accident happened between noon and when deputies were called at about 3:30 p.m. Monday. Kusch was alive when deputies arrived, but she died at the scene.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting