POLSON, Mont. - Sanders County officials have released the name of a forklift driver who died in a crash on a western Montana mountain road.
The coroner's office tells KERR-AM that 57-year-old Gary Wayne Beagles of Spokane, Wash., died Tuesday afternoon when the Gradall material handler he was driving went off a Forest Service road south of Plains and rolled down a steep hill. The forklift rolled over Beagles and he died at the scene.
Officials say Beagles was working for Tice Electric in Portland, Ore., which had replaced a generator on a mountain top that houses several communications antennas. The rollover happened as the man was traveling downhill.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River