Helena, MT - Montana Department of Justice officials say law-enforcement officers shot and wounded a 46-year-old Anaconda man who attempted to run them over in his car.
Spokesman John Barnes said in a statement officers from the Anaconda-Deer Lodge County Law Enforcement Agency were attempting to arrest the man Monday.
Barnes says the officers found the man in a car and he attempted to leave by driving directly at them.
The officers shot and wounded the man. He was transported to a Missoula hospital.
None of the officers was injured.
The man was not identified. Barnes says he was wanted for failure to appear for sentencing for DUI, the man's fourth DUI offense.
The Anaconda-Deer Lodge County attorney and police chief have asked the state Division of Criminal Investigation to lead the investigation.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives