PACIFIC, Wash. - The King County sheriff's office says a man shot by a Pacific police officer is expected to survive.
Sgt. Cindi West says the 41-year-old suspect was trying to drive away in the officer's patrol car when he was shot in a struggle.
The incident began about 10:40 Thursday night when the officer pulled over a stolen pickup in a residential neighborhood.
The driver ran off with the officer in pursuit, then doubled back to the patrol car and tried to get behind the wheel.
West says multiple shots were fired. Then the suspect crashed the patrol car into another vehicle in a driveway.
The officer was not hurt.
The suspect was taken to Harborview Medical Center in critical but stable condition.
A team of police agencies is investigating the shooting.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults