AUBURN, Wash. - A police officer took a 14-month-old girl to a hospital after finding her at a homeless camp in a Seattle suburb.
KOMO-TV reports Auburn police officer Andrew Lindgren found the girl while responding to a domestic violence call Wednesday morning.
The officer said the toddler was surrounded by drug paraphernalia and filth in the camp along the Green River in Auburn.
Police say Lindgren took the girl to a hospital to make sure she was OK before state officials with Child Protective Services picked her up.
Auburn is about 26 miles south of Seattle.
- What to buy during Memorial Day sales
- Spokane Valley firefighters prepare for season
- Woman living on property with contaminated well worried about family's health
- Hoopfest needs YOU to volunteer
- Suspect who attempted to shoot deputy receives 13 year sentence
- Lawn mower starts large vegetation fire along Sullivan