Salem, OR - The U.S. Green Building Council has given its highest rating for environmental responsibility to the Oregon Department of Transportation's remodeled headquarters building in Salem.
ODOT said Friday that the building received the LEED platinum certification.
The building was originally built in 1951. It was closed in 2010 for a massive remodeling project and re-opened a year ago. Among its environmentally sustainable features are efficient heating and cooling systems, rooftop solar panels and reduced water use.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th