CLACKAMAS, Ore. - Dozens of mothers nursed their babies Sunday at the Ram Restaurant in Clackamas Town Center to protest the restaurant's treatment of a nursing mother a week earlier.
Erin Klein says a manager asked her to cover up her breast. The restaurant said other customers had complained.
But Oregon law permits breastfeeding in public, as the restaurant learned when a social media campaign brought the "nurse-in" to the Ram.
This time, the restaurant welcomed the nursing mothers.
The marketing manager, Mark Schermerhorn, told KOIN it was an opportunity to train the staff.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter