MISSOULA, Mont. - The city of Missoula's efforts to gain ownership of the water supply and distribution system that serves its residents through eminent domain has seen several court filings in recent days.
The city filed a condemnation action against the global investment firm The Carlyle Group on April 2 to gain ownership of Mountain Water Co.
On Tuesday, The Carlyle Group filed documents saying it does not directly own the water system and cannot be named as a defendant. Carlyle argues that it owns the companies that own Mountain Water, but it does not own the water system.
The Missoulian reports a group of 28 Mountain Water Co. employees filed a motion Wednesday to intervene in the city's suit, saying they were concerned about what condemnation might mean for their job security and accrued benefits.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River