HELENA, Mont. - NorthWestern Energy is asking the Montana Public Service Commission to approve a $10.9 million natural gas rate increase for its customers.
PSC officials say it is the company's first gas rate case since 2012.
Chairman Brad Johnson said in a statement Monday that the commission will be thorough and judicious in considering the request.
NorthWestern officials say a typical residential customer using 100 therms per month would see a 6.77 percent bill increase under the rate hike.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017