LEWISTON, Idaho - A northern Idaho man will spend more than 12 years in prison for killing his 5-month-old son.
The Lewiston Tribune reports that 22-year-old Cody Gossage was sentenced Thursday in Lewiston to 12 1/2 years to 25 years in prison. He previously pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in connection to the death of his son.
Gossage says he became frustrated and picked up Jordan B. Bigman-Gossage and shook him in October 2014 at his Lewiston home.
A pediatrician at a previous hearing testified that the infant's injuries included bleeding in both eyes, skull tissue hemorrhaging, brain swelling and respiratory failure.
Gossage declined to address the court at sentencing but his defense attorney said Jordan's death was a tragedy that carried repercussions that will last a lifetime.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday