PORT ANGELES, Wash. - Low-flying military style helicopters circled Port Angeles for about an hour around midnight Thursday, but the reason is a mystery.
No military or law enforcement agency contacted by the Peninsula Daily News claims the copters.
Police said an earlier report the copters were from Whidbey Island Naval Air Station was incorrect. The Coast Guard, Army National Guard and Customs and Border Protection also said they weren't their aircraft.
The Clallam County emergency dispatch system received about 30 calls from residents about the helicopters.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image