PORT ANGELES, Wash. - Low-flying military style helicopters circled Port Angeles for about an hour around midnight Thursday, but the reason is a mystery.
No military or law enforcement agency contacted by the Peninsula Daily News claims the copters.
Police said an earlier report the copters were from Whidbey Island Naval Air Station was incorrect. The Coast Guard, Army National Guard and Customs and Border Protection also said they weren't their aircraft.
The Clallam County emergency dispatch system received about 30 calls from residents about the helicopters.
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire