The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office will not recommend charges against a Mukilteo man whose car hit and killed a 7-year-old girl earlier this year.
The Daily Herald reports that the sheriff's office announced Wednesday that the Collision Investigation Unit completed a forensic review of the May 7 accident and concluded the driver was not at fault.
First-grader Maimuna Bayo was killed in the collision south of Everett.
Sheriff's officials say Maimuna was riding her scooter outside an apartment complex when she was struck by the 23-year-old driver. Detectives found the primary cause of the collision was inattention on the part of the child, who was riding her scooter in the path of the approaching vehicle.
- Potholes keeping Spokane crews busy
- Federal judge says he is inclined to let lawsuit proceed
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Stripper pleads guilty to running multi-state drug ring
- Study: Idaho natural gas and oil taxes below many states
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes