Beaverton, OR - Beaverton-based Nike Inc. has been added to the Dow Jones industrial average in a six-company shakeup of the most widely known barometer of the U.S. stock market.
The footwear and sports apparel company was added along with Visa Inc., and the Goldman Sachs Group Inc. The average is dropping Bank of America, Hewlett-Packard and Alcoa, its three-lowest priced stocks.
The changes will take effect at the start of trading Sept. 23.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car