LANGLEY, Wash. - A New Orleans style procession, led by the South Whidbey High School Jazz Ensemble, marched through downtown Langley Thursday in memory of Paul Schell.
The former Seattle mayor who died July 27 was a longtime resident of Langley with his wife Pam Schell.
Paul Schell was mayor in Seattle from 1998 to 2002. A public memorial is set for the Bell Harbor International Conference Center on the Seattle waterfront on Oct. 8, which would have been his 77th birthday.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity