LANGLEY, Wash. - A New Orleans style procession, led by the South Whidbey High School Jazz Ensemble, marched through downtown Langley Thursday in memory of Paul Schell.
The former Seattle mayor who died July 27 was a longtime resident of Langley with his wife Pam Schell.
Paul Schell was mayor in Seattle from 1998 to 2002. A public memorial is set for the Bell Harbor International Conference Center on the Seattle waterfront on Oct. 8, which would have been his 77th birthday.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday